Below are the basic requirements for adopting with Spirit Canine Rescue. Please open this document for complete list of requirements.
- Adoption fee of $150-$450
- Adopters must be at least 21 years old
- All adult dogs are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated and dewormed, heartworm tested, and microchipped; puppies have all age-appropriate shots, and are required to be spayed/neutered when old enough at the adopter expense
- A completed adoption application (including vet and personal references) and home visit are required prior to adoption
- Dogs must go to INDOOR ONLY homes. Dog must not be isolated, chained, tied/tethered and also cannot be allowed to roam outdoors without a fenced-in area
- If the dog cannot be kept, it must be returned to the rescue
Step 1: Complete adoption application and provide all required information (please make sure to have both phone number and email contact). We prefer an Online Adoption Application is submitted (use button below)
Step 2: Phone interview and Home Visit by Spirit Canine Rescue representative
Step 3: Meet dog at event or arrange meet and greet with foster family
Step 4: Complete Adoption Agreement, pay fee and receive dog
Please note that we process applications as quickly as we can but it can take several weeks (we have no staff and rely fully on the donation of volunteer time). Also, we do not process on a first-come-first-served basis - we always seek the best possible home for the dog in question. For the health and safety of our dogs, we prefer homes with INDOOR-ONLY pets (better if resident dogs are also neutered/spayed but not a requirement as our dogs will be altered prior to adoption). A fenced-in yard is required for some dogs, but not all of our dogs.