Below are the basic requirements for adopting with Spirit Canine Rescue. Please open this document for complete list of requirements.
- Adoption fee of $100-$500
- Adopters must be at least 21 years old
- All adult dogs are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated and dewormed, heartworm tested, and microchipped; puppies have all age-appropriate shots, and are required to be spayed/neutered when old enough at the adopter expense
- A completed adoption application (including vet and personal references) and home visit are required prior to adoption!No exceptions!
- Dogs must go to INDOOR ONLY homes. Dog must not be isolated, chained, tied/tethered, kept in a garage, patio, etc or left outside when no one is at home! The dogs cannot be allowed to roam outdoors without a fenced-in area, they must be on a leash at all times!
- If for ANY reason, the dog cannot be kept, it must be returned to the SPIRIT CANINE RESCUE ! It cannot be rehomed, give away, surrendered to a shelter or other rescue organization, the dog MUST be returned to Spirit Canine Rescue!
- We do not adopt out of state of North Carolina! We prefer Triangle/Triad and Charlotte areas. We cannot travel more than 2 hrs from Burlington NC!
- We do not adopt to homes with invisible/electric fencing!
Step 1: Complete adoption application and provide all required information (please make sure to have both phone number and email contact). We prefer an Online Adoption Application is submitted (use button below)
Step 2: Phone interview and Home Visit by Spirit Canine Rescue representative/board member
Step 3: Meet dog at event or arrange meet and greet with a SCR representative/board member/foster
Step 4: If approved, 14 day trial adoption !
Step 5: Sign Adoption Contract, pay adoption fee
Please note that we process applications as quickly as we can but it can take several weeks (we have no staff and rely fully on the donation of volunteer time). Also, we do not process on a first-come-first-served basis - we always seek the best possible home for the dog in question. For the health and safety of our dogs, we prefer homes with INDOOR-ONLY pets (resident pets must be up to date on vaccines, spayed/neutered and on heartworm and flea/tick preventatives. A fenced-in yard is required for some dogs, but not all of our dogs. We do not adopt to homes with electric/invisible fencing. We do not adopt out of state of NC. We prefer Triad/Triangle and Charlotte area. We cannot travel more than 2 hrs from Burlington NC.
NOTE : ONLY THOSE BEING CONSIDERED WILL BE CONTACTED!